Carson City, in Bloomer Township, was platted in 1866, although land patents were granted beginning in 1836. The first two buildings were a sawmill and a gristmill. The first newspaper, the Coral Enterprise, was published in 1875. The village, situated in the midst of good agricultural land, grew and prospered. It was incorporated in 1877. Above are pictures of Main Street and various businesses, which flourished over the years.