Main Street in Edmore, late 1800's
Edmore, in Home Township was platted in 1878 by Edwin B. Moore, who built the first buildings in the village. He was employed by the Detroit, Lansing & Northern Railroad Company and secured the right of way for the railroad line from Edmore and Big Rapids. The village became a lumbering town and an agricultural area settled by Danes and other hardy settlers. Edmore was also a shipping center for various products and agricultural goods. As many as 21 trains a day came through Edmore at one time.