Main St., Sheridan
Sheridan, located at the junctions of Evergreen, Sidney, Bushnell and Fairplains townhips was settled in the early 1860's around the time that the state road was extended to it's boundaries. It was incorporated in 1877. Various businesses developed including the Keane House, which was the first hotel in Sheridan. The Sheridan News was the local newspaper. Sawmills and shingle mills were important businesses until the lumber market collapsed. Beginning in the early 1900s, Carnation Milk had a plant in Sheridan for almost 60 years.