F.G. Hansen's store located on the southwest side of the main intersection, late 1800's.
North Sidney Church (formerly St. John's Danish Lutheran) built in 1903 replacing a church destroyed by a storm in 1902.
Sidney, in Sidney Township, was at one time known as Sidney Center since it was located in the center of the township. The Joshua Noah family settled here in 1855 and son William Noah became a prosperous businessman in the township. In 1856 a severe tornado wiped out crops and many trees. This was followed by a devastating fire which did not however, destroy the large stands of pine. The lumber industry became a source of employment for many of the settlers in the area.