Courts 8th Judicial Circuit Court - Family/Juvenile Division
Honorable Charles Simon III, Presiding Judge Top
Montcalm County Court Complextn_bench
625 N. State Street
Stanton, MI 48888
Tel (989) 831-7308
Fax (989) 831-7548
JURY LINE: (989) 831-7356


Kristi Jeffrey - Court Administrator
Rhonda Hansen - Juvenile Court Clerk
Sarah Wetherington - Juvenile Court Clerk

Please click on the "Information for Youth and Parent" link below for information about court costs, fines and restitution.

A Financial Information Form is required for every delinquency case when the court incurs any costs for services or attorney fees - You can download the form HERE.

All filing fees are due at the time the documents are submitted to the Court. Please click on the Fee Schedule link below for more information.


Probation Information
Click on the name of the probation officer below to get their contact information and report day schedule.

Click on Probation Forms to download or print commonly used forms.

Click on Frequently Asked Questions for a brief explanation of the goals and purpose of juvenile probation and additional relevant information.

Justin Chapman - Juvenile Probation Officer
Tiffany McDowell - Juvenile Probation Officer
Addie Conrad - Juvenile Probation Officer

The Montcalm County Juvenile Court is recruiting RDSS Quasi-Volunteers to work directly with delinquent youth and their families. The work entails transporting, monitoring and/or mentoring delinquent youth.

  • Make a difference in the life of a young person.
  • Great experience for future social workers or criminal justice practitioners.
  • Flexible schedule. Great for mature college students or retirees!
  • Quasi-Volunteers receive $12/hr. and mileage reimbursement for their work.
  • Reimbursement for meals is available.
  • Paid training.

Requirements: Must be 21+ years of age. No criminal history and a clean driving record. Must maintain a valid Michigan Driver’s License and provide proof of auto insurance.

This is an on-call/as-needed position with no guarantee of work hours.
If you are interested or would like additional information please contact Kristi Jeffre at (989) 831-7317 or

Child Abuse and Neglect
The Department of Human Services is responsible for the investigation of child abuse and neglect. Anyone can report the abuse or neglect of a child by calling 1-855-444-3911. Click here for more information about DHS.

This is an informative article about neglect and abuse rates in the State of Michigan: Click Here to Read

Personal Protection Orders (Minor)
The Juvenile Division handles Personal Protection Orders (PPO) against individuals who are 17 years of age or younger.

Click on the link below for detailed instructions about the process to get a PPO filed and to download forms for the specific PPO you are requesting. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Juvenile Office at (989) 831-7308.

Personal Protection Orders against a Minor

To emancipate a minor means to release a child under 18 years of age from parental control and supervision. If you are interested in Emancipation you can stop by the juvenile court for the appropriate forms.

The filing fee for an emancipation is $185.00 and it is non-refundable.

Miscellaneous Topics
Under certain circumstances, a juvenile can get one or more adjudications set aside. To get more information on getting an adjudication set aside you can stop by the juvenile court office and pick-up the appropriate forms.

Click on a link below to get information about other topics related to the juvenile court.
Internship Opportunites
Waiver of Parental Consent for an Abortion