Dr. Wagner has been appointed the Chief Medical Examiner effective August 6, 2017.
Funeral Home Procedures
Death Certificate Requests
Please send requests through the State of Michigan Electronic Death Registration (EDRS) to Dr. Paul Wagner
Records Requests & Supplementals
Please email Records.
Cremation Permit Requests
Montcalm County policy is a $50 permit fee. Fees are to be paid in advance as detailed.
- Primary Care Physician Death Certificates signed for Medical Examiner Cremation Permit Request:
- Please Obtain the Signature of the Primary Care Physician on the Death Certificate
- Please Pay Fee for Cremation Permit
- Please go to GovPayNow, 888-604-7888, or visit the Clerk and Number 39; office to prepay
- GovPayNow - PLC: 1957
- Or What would you like to do? (Pay Permits); State? (Michigan); Agency? (Montcalm County Treasurer)
- Name of Deceased and Date of Death
- Name of Funeral Home
- Payment Amount: $50
- Payer name, address, email and phone
- Please Use EDRS (Electronic Death Registration System) for the Official Cremation Permit Request to Paul Wagner
- Please Send Receipt of Payment with the name of the decedent to the Medical Examiner's office or fax 231-440-0806. (Be sure to include your email address and fax)
- A cremation permit review will be conducted and requests fulfilled via EDRS. Our Policy is a 24-hour turnaround period. Please call if you have an extenuating circumstance or email the Medical Examiner office
- Medical Examiner signed Death Certificates for Cremation Permit Requests:
- All of section one in this list with the addition of including a request for a Death Certificate via EDRS (Electronic Death Registration System) for the Medical Examiner to complete and sign via EDRS.
Our staff is available to monitor this process on a continual basis. Please email or call with any and all questions.