August 2, 2016 Primary Election
The filing deadline for partisan candidates seeking elected office for the August 2, 2016 Primary Election is Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 4 pm. The County Clerk's office will close for the remainder of the day at 4 pm on the 19th.
Candidates seeking county-wide offices, and the office of County Commissioner, must file with the Montcalm County Clerk.
Candidates seeking township/city offices must file with their respective Township or City Clerk.
Precinct Delegate candidates must file with the Montcalm County Clerk. The filing deadline for Precinct Delegates to appear on the ballot is Tuesday, May 3rd at 4 pm.
Petition and Affidavit of Identity forms are available at the Montcalm County Clerks Office. Petition signature requirements are based on the population of the district represented by the office. A chart listing the population based signature requirements is provided via the link on this page.
A partisan candidate who seeks a county office or the office of State Representative may file a $100 fee in lieu of a petition. The filing fee is refunded if the candidate receives nomination to the office or places second in the race. Candidates for State Representative must file with the Bureau of Elections in Lansing.
- August 2, 2016 Primary County Commissioner Signature Requirements (PDF)
- August 2, 2016 Primary Countywide Signature Requirements (PDF)
- August 2, 2016 Primary List of Candidates for Primary Election as of April 19, 2016 at 4 pm (PDF)
- August 2, 2016 Primary List of Candidates That Filed by April 19, 2016 for the November General Election (PDF)
- August 2, 2016 Primary Proposals on August 2nd Ballot (PDF)
- August 2, 2016 Primary Republican Precinct Delegate Candidates (PDF)
- August 2, 2016 Primary Township Signature Requirements (PDF)