- County Clerk
- 2014 Elections
- August 5, 2014 Primary Election
August 5, 2014 Primary Election
The filing deadline for partisan candidates seeking elected office for the August 5, 2014 Primary Election is Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 4 pm.
Candidates seeking county-wide offices (County Road Commissioner), and the office of County Commissioner, must file with the Montcalm County Clerk.
Candidates seeking township/city offices must file with their respective Township or City Clerk.
Precinct Delegate candidates must now file with either the Montcalm County Clerk. They have until Tuesday, May 6, 2014 to file their Affidavits of Identity.
Petition and Affidavit of Identity forms are available at the Montcalm County Clerks Office. Petition signature requirements are based on the population of the district represented by the office. A chart listing the population based signature requirements is provided via the link below.
A partisan candidate who seeks a county office or the office of State Representative may file a $100 fee in lieu of a petition. The filing fee is refunded if the candidate receives nomination to the office or places second in the race. Judicial Candidates and candidates for State Representative must file with the Bureau of Elections in Lansing.
To view your polling location and what is on your ballot you may visit the Voter Information Center. Information will be available after May 16th.
August 2014 Election Results
- August 5, 2014 Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Addresses of Local Township and City Clerks (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Application for an Absentee Ballot (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 County Commissioner Districts (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Declared Write In Candidates (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Filing Deadlines-Calendars (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Final List of Democratic Precinct Delegate Candidates (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Final List of Republican Precinct Delegate Candidates (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 List of Local Candidates (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Notice - Last Day to Register to Vote (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Notice - Primary Election (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Notice - Pubic Accuracy Test (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Precinct Delegate Information (PDF)
- August 5, 2014 Signature Requirements (PDF)
- Local Proposals Appearing on August 5, 2014 Ballot (PDF)