Is the FOC allowed to investigate child abuse or neglect?

No. The FOC does not have the authority to investigate child abuse or neglect. Child abuse or neglect should be reported to the Department of Health and Human Services-Child Protective Services Division in the county where the custodial parent and child live.

Show All Answers

1. I want to change the physical custody of my children. What do I do?
2. Do I need an attorney to file a Motion to Change Custody?
3. Can the FOC assist parties in reaching an agreement regarding custody?
4. If a motion for custody has been filed, and the parents cannot reach an agreement on their own, what will the FOC do?
5. May I receive a copy of the FOC’s custody report and recommendation?
6. What happens if I have custody according to the court’s order, but the other parent does not return the child to me as required by the order?
7. How do I enforce the custody order if the other parent takes our child to another country?
8. Is the FOC allowed to investigate child abuse or neglect?
9. If I change my mind and want to stop my request for a custody change, what must I do?
10. If I object to the Referee’s Recommendation, what can I do?