Plans for the management of solid waste within the county and develops a solid waste system. Determines adequate solid waste diversion capacity for five years or greater.
Current Committee Members and the activities that they represent:
- Matt Biolette, Solid Waste Industry
- Charles Hauser II, Solid Waste Industry
- Roger Rockburn, Solid Waste Industry
- Solid Waste Industry, Vacant
- Lonnie Smith, Environmental Interest Group Representative
- Mark Sabin, Environmental Interest Group Representative
- Scott Painter, County Board of Commissioners Representative
- Industrial Waste Generator Representative, Vacant
- Chris Johnston, Regional Planning Representative
- Nancy Mills, Township Government Representative
- Gary Holland, General Public Representative
- Darin Dood, City Government Representative
- Sarah Todd, General Public Representative
- Steve Wyckoff, General Public Representative
The County Solid Waste Management Plan is available as a document at this site. The Solid Waste Management Plan is required by section 11539a of Part 115, Solid Waste Management, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act 1994, PA 451, as amended.
Additional information about recycling in Montcalm County can be found on the Recycling in Montcalm County page.
View the Solid Waste Plan (PDF).